Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
philmart64
New Contributor
New Contributor

Parkholme Tower

Anyone here know when the Parkholme SA will be up again?

It was blown down by winds a week ago.

Optus in all their wisdom have decided not to respond to any queries, put up an ETA on Network Outages or anything that might allow their customers to make decisions on their next steps.

Optus truly are useless when advising the public of what the problem is and when it will be fixed.

It's a simple question Optus! I wonder if I stopped paying my account whether I might get a phone call. I expect I would!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Parkholme Tower

Hi philmart64,

They never provide a ETR, it's always "aim to fix as soon as possible". I guess with the complexity involved of restoring towers, especially ones damaged to that extent they can't give a time and date of when it will be 100% fixed.

Reading the last note on the fault ticket #22609559 it doesn't sound like it will be anytime very soon as it involves other external infrastructure companies.

You can click on the Report your fault here link on the outages page you mentioned to receive text updates and to inform the Networks team you are an impacted customer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
HC05070
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do you register for text updates? 

I have been unable to work from home, my house is now a complete black spot, I have no phone or internet in my house at all. 

Do we know if this will be down for weeks or months?

I know the installation was not ideal in the first instance so it could be an extensive repair job but if I have to wait months for a repair, I will have to change to another carrier as I can't be without phone or internet in my house, it is not practical. 

0 Kudos
philmart64
New Contributor
New Contributor

What Optus needs to realise is that for some of us this is not just to idly pass the time. I need this to access work from home at all hours, and I am unable to do this effectively. Just to get to this page took about five minutes!

It's funny that Optus can remove the old tower in a day, but appears to take weeks to put up the new tower, and cannot give customers an IDEA on the possible timeframe for the whole thing being down.

And here is the thing. I have tried calling. They just hang up with the excuse of COVID. I text and they send me a text back saying they know the problem and will advise me WHEN it's fixed.

Imagine if the world works like Optus World did? Bit of a joke there as that is what they're called Optus World!

Quite frankly every telco is useless but the lack of any customer service on Optus' part is disgusting to any normal person. Will they offer any recompense for damage done to me? No probably not.  Electricity companies seem to manage the change of infrastructure without a problem. Why can't Optus?

0 Kudos
philmart64
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi HC05070 ..

I've looked at the site. They managed to take the old tower down in a day. It looks like pop a new one where the old one used to be and actually put the bolts in this time! Then reconnect and maybe repair some wiring damage. Of course I'm not that electrically minded, but they appear to get the old one down, and others only take a day or so to get up (I've watched them put one up before)!
HC05070
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

That sounds progressive, I drove past yesterday and it looked exactly the same.. hopefully you are right and something has happened. I won't be holding my breath for a seamless transition back into the land of phone and internet, I still think it will be quite some time until there is a replacement. 

It would be nice to get an update from Optus themselves, I have logged faults and no one has contacted me to discuss which is disappointing. 

Thanks for the update @philmart64 

0 Kudos
HC05070
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can anyone confirm whether the tower has now been fixed?

it's no longer showing up as an outage on the network outages page?

0 Kudos
philmart64
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nope .. still the same as it was yesterday, and the day before that and the day before that!

A bit pathetic really .. reading so many responses here it seems this is the norm. I wonder if the lights are on but no-one is home sometimes as they seem to care little about their customers.

Top Contributors