cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Buttons
New Contributor

Overseas on wifi

Hi crowd 

I'm overseas and I can't connect to local connections .    Do not have roaming but have wifi in hotel ok.   My phone keeps going to SOS only .    My son and I share an account and his phone is working fine.   I am the account holder and have iPhone 7 .   I have restarted and tried restarting network connections etc .   Can anyone help me asap please ? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Overseas on wifi

Did you set up international roaming before you left? Are you aware of the costs? It's quite expensive so just want to make sure you're across it because if your son is using his phone the bill will be going up.

If you did activate it, did you switch it on in the settings of your phone as well? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Buttons
New Contributor

Thank you.  

We both have roaming off .   

Its strange? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Buttons
New Contributor

I don't know why mine says SOS ONLY ?

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

OK just so we're both clear here, you're wanting to use your phone via a WiFi connection, right? Say one at your hotel or something? If that's the case, the SOS only means nothing to you, you want it to say that as it has nothing to do with WiFi. 

Try restarting your phone if it's having difficulty connecting to a WiFi connection and take a look through the settings

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Buttons

Any luck with trying to connect via wifi? Have you reset your network settings? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors