cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Outage at Seaspray Tower

Hi

Has anyone have any info regarding the outage of the Seaspray tower?  We haven't had and mobile phone, in or out, since Boxing Day! 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Outage at Seaspray Tower

Hey @rustybits, we've actually raised PR 17850910 for this one. Our engineers initially detected that traffic on the site dropped significantly since 23/12. They've reset the site on the 05/01/18 and it is being monitored. Has there been any improvement?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C for getting back to me.

No, as far as we are concerned there has no improvement in the service.  I tried my phone this morning and still can't make or recieve any calls.  This situtation has become very frustrating and unaccaptable.

Is there any way to convey our displasure to Optus directly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

At about 8.00am went to Seaspray (3.5km) to make a call, thought it might be better than reception at home, but no.  Drove to near the tower and got full reception bars, started to dial number and got nothing, a red O with a through it.  I know it is Sunday, but can anything be done, this is getting serious.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hmm, I get that. It's not an ideal situation to be in. The latest update was sent through at 2:00PM on the 07/01/18. They've noted that traffic is still much lower than we'd expect. As far as a fix is concerned, I should have another update within the coming day. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The fault at Seaspray was supposed to be fixed on Tuesday, or so the Optus web site says.  For me there is still no service at all!  The phone shows 1 or 2 bars and when you try to make a call they all disappear and nothing happens.  I can't contact Optus without going to Sale 40 minutes away, and speaking to the people in the shop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It is now 3 weeks since we last had service!  According to the Optus people in Sale (they are very good) the eletronic part for the tower that needs to be replaced was to delivered last Thursday or Friday.  It should be installed one would hope tomorrow Monday the 15th.  We will wait and see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@rustybits, I'm sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing. 

According to the most recent notes left under the ticket that's been raised, it looks like we're sourcing a part from Mulgrave Victoria. They've advised that another update will be sent through tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors