cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Sando04
New Contributor

Out going emails

Hi currently in the USA and I can’t seem to send any emails. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Moderator GuyCS

Re: Out going emails

Hey @Sando04 - is this for your Optusnet email address? If so, it may be that the connection/server you're using overseas is blocking certain ports.

Are you able to log in to your Optusnet email via our Webmail Portal instead?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Sando04
New Contributor

Sorry I didn’t clarify. Trying to get my email to send emails to work on my iPhone. Have gone through settings but it still doesn’t work. Any advise? 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe you can send mail when you are connected to another network outside Australia. Even with authentication ticked for your outgoing server I think it would fail. I guess Optus webmail or changing the out going server to the network you are connected with should work.

Edit: or should I say add another outgoing mail server as I believe the iPhone will allow you to have more than one outgoing server. Try authentication on your outgoing mail server first and see what that does.