cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kartika

Re: Optus webmail very slow

Apologies for your ongoing webmail issue, @Jaws jaws. Unfortunately, we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. You will need to raise this and follow up with our Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus webmail is almost unusable. Like other contributors I use outlook to view the mail and only log in to clear the boxes....takes ages. My connection, using speedtest, optus server is a solid 90Mbps up and 1.7Mbps down. The issue isn't connection or linespeed. It is not a temporary outage or problem but appears to be a lack of server investment. If you wish to use webmail I suggest another providor.

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Hey there @1951, sorry to hear about the issues you're having with our webmail service. 

We haven't had any reports of issues with our webmail currently. Do you still experience the same slowness when trying another browser? I recommend giving that a shot as well as clearing your cache and browsing data to see if that helps speeds things up. 

If you continue to face issues, please reach out our 24x7 Technical Experts via Messaging in the My Optus App so they can investigate this further for you. 

If for some reason you're unable to get in touch through the app, please send a PM to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page and the team will do their best to help out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

kramster
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have experienced this today as well. It is taking up to 2 minutes just to log in (Firefox & Chrome are the same) and more than 5 minutes to access the Spam folder.

I logged a case with the support team several months ago and they fixed the problem but it's been slow lt deteriorating ever since to the extent that I open webmail and then do something else in another window because webmail is so slow.

I notice it is better very early in the morning, especially on weekends (AEDT) so perhaps the server doesn't have the resources to properly serve Optus'' customers.

Webmail really is a step back into the early 90s.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Thanks for letting us know @kramster. If you haven't already, I suggest trying the steps @Nard_YC mentioned above including clearing the cookies and cache in your browser. 

If you continue to experience any difficulties with the webmail service, please reach out to our technical teams via the My Optus App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

TO ALL YES CROWD USERS.

You will not get any resolution to ANY technical issues via this web chat page.

The moderator says to report to the help desk.

So, someone should report this issue, get a fault number, post that here, then other users should then report the fault  and quote that same number. It is the ONLY way Optus will know multiple users are affected. 

There is little to no contact between this chat site moderators and the technical help staff. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank Jawsjaws. I have given up trying to speed it up, spend my time doing optus work? Sit on a help desk to be told to clear cookies and restart? Stick with outlook or thunderbird.

0 Kudos
KaWheel
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having exactly the same issue! Having trouble setting it up in Outlook though, but hopefully that will help when I do.

0 Kudos
Wahfu
New Contributor
New Contributor

I use this email for a business... it's wasting much of my time. Optus shouldn't offer email if it doesn't work. Totally infuriating!

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey there @Wahfu. It's not great to hear about your slow webmail speeds. I recommend testing out some quick troubleshooting that may help in getting this matter resolved.

→Clearing cookies/cache from your web browser

→Using a private/incognito mode browser session

→ Try to use a different web browser (eg: Chrome, Safari)

Feel free to let us know how you go with the above.

Top Contributors