Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
oldtimer1948
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus webmail very slow

Optus

Webmail is vey slow to load, and download emails. Why is this?

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus webmail very slow

We haven't had any other customer reports of this (yet), oldtimer1948.

Everything else with your internet connection is fine?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Cherelyn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Webmail is on a REALLY slow server apparently. It's always been slow it always will be slow.
I pull it into Outlook and only go into Optus webmail to delete when it's getting full.

0 Kudos
jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

yes my webmail is very slow also and has been getting worse for a few weeks. it is now unusable as I just get timeouts on my internet waiting to connect (I sue Chrome/windows 10)

Even once I connect, it just keeps waiting when I want to open any folder incl inbox, trash 

Can this be checked/fixed

I am going to nbn soon and only chose Optus to keep my email. Maybe I should go elsewhere!!

Jo-7
New Contributor
New Contributor

Seems odd that Ray from Optus has said that there have been no other reports about this when there are so many listed. Very disappointing not to get a useful response.

jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

I reported this with case number 22841747. Get as many as possible to reference this.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Jo-7, apologies for any inconvenience caused to the issues with your webmail. We're aware of an issue impacting the webmail services (REF#22841747) at the moment. Our Tech teams are working to restore services as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

your reply is totally inadequate. 

Other questions and replies (not just this topic) shows that there is zero connection between Yes Crowd access by Optus staff and support.

Over several topics, Optus say that

a. no one else is experiencing that problem even when there are multiple posts

b. after formally placing a fault they now reply that the matter is known and being looked at

Can anyone from Optus who posts replies:

review multiple posts

take some real action to ensure a matter is being addressed by the technical teams (*)

provide useful feedback -  not just "Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button "

(*) - is there a standard internal PROCESS in place to enable this

We need an ability to mark replies as INADEQUATE and Thumbs down

WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS. YOUR SUPPORT IS INADEQUATE. YOUR ON LINE HELP SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK

WILL OPTUS DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

Sorry-this-nic
New Contributor
New Contributor

Impossible to log on to webmail this morning.

0 Kudos
jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please tell me what is happening to fix this problem which I reported on Friday. I can't login to web mail - and the help desk couldn't reset it for me.

I was (again) advised yesterday that it was still under investigation and it was a problem across many customers. That is at least 5 days.

What can be done? I am without email - what is the point staying with Optus without that service.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM AND KNOW OF THE STATUS

0 Kudos
Top Contributors