Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jaxter
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus phone coverage dropped 1 bar 4G

My Optus mobile coverage has been dropping out today and at best is at 1 bar of 4G. Its usually 3 bars. Post code 5251. Anyone have an ideas? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus phone coverage dropped 1 bar 4G

@Jaxter Maybe there is an issue at a tower but it has not been reported. You could message Optus Support from the My Optus app, to report the poor signal.

Another possibility is if Optus has done some maintenance at a tower and realigned the aerials and this is causing a reception issue for you.

I am an Optus user.
Jaxter
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thanks for your reply. I completely lost my internet connection. after this was posted. After lots of Googling I figured out that most likely my Modem was hacked. And probably via the Zoom App.
A message came up on my screen very briefly which said "Someone in trying to access your private information via Zoom." After lots of messages back and forward the Optus people thought that yes that could be what happened. I reset the Modem and the connection came back. Only trouble then was that I was advised to change the password on the Modem, but to do this you have to login to the Huawei site and it won't accept the password —perhaps because I reset the Modem! Nobody at Optus apparently knows how else to change the password. So instead, they are sending me a new Modem. I cant believe no one knows how to do this but that is the only solution they could come up with. Lets hope it doesn't happen all over again when I have to use Zoom for work run a few days time....
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Jaxter  I have had two Huawei modems supplied by Optus and I reset them for various reasons and the default user name password should log you back in which is on the sticker on the modem.

With the B818 just go to Advanced  System Modify Password

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos