Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Robskip1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus outage at Jandakot, WA

Hi. The last couple of weeks we gave had hit and miss internet. Now we havnt had any internet for about 3 days. Optus says that they have some issues but cant give a time when it will be up and running. Their map shows an issue with a tower in Jandakot wa just near us. Does any one have the same issue or knows what is going on. Cheers

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Wireless Boardband

Kudos to you for checking the network map, Robskip1!

As it advises, a fault has been identified which means customers in the area might experience issues with voice and/or data at the moment. The team are on to it, and aim to fix this as soon as possible.

I can see the fault ticket logged for it which is mainly full of automatic alarms and is a little challenging to interpret the jargon, all I can say is it is definitely being looked into regularly both on and offsite and has something to do with a power issue. There is no ETR that can be provided. Hopefully it's not too much longer 🤞 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Robskip1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray.

Thanks it came on yesterday but has just switched off again. Hmmm

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How is it today? Giving the device a restart won't do any harm,. As I'm sure you've checked it does say it should be working normally now. 🤞 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Robskip1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray.

The map shows the tower working. BUT.

We have pull the plug out and pressed the reset twice.

We get a green signal of a couple of second the goes to red.

0 Kudos
Robskip1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

correction..

We get a green signal for a couple of second then goes to red.

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Sounds like there could be an issue with the device or service connecting to the network rather than a fault on the network since that has been resolved.

I'd recommend jumping onto our Messaging service and getting our Tech Support team to open a fault case for you. Just let them know that you've already performed a modem reset and there has been no change to the service since the fault in the area being resolved

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Robskip1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Yep already rang the tech guys and did all the the stuff again and the  logged it at a level 2 issues.

Its been out for a week now. So have just about had it with Optus...

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

If they gave you a fault number reply with that here and I can check up on it for you to see where it's at currently. I may also be able to escalate it if it hasn't already happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Robskip1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aron.
Fault # 22065851
Cheers
0 Kudos
Top Contributors