cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus mobile phone call dropping out constantly

My partner and I both have our mobile phone plans with Optus. I've been with Optus for over 17 years. 

We are having serious problems with our Optus service at home in Seddon, VIC 3011. My partner has a Samsung S20 and is trying to conduct her work from home however her calls are dropping constantly now, normally at the start of a call but it can happen in the middle of a call as well.

My partner just paid out her contract early on her previous phone (Pixel 3) as she thought the problem was her old phone, however even with the new phone she is having the same if not worse problems.

My phone is a Samsung S8 and has terrible reception and does a similar thing at home, not as often but calls are dropping frequently.

Both our phones have a signal strength of between -95 & -110dBm both inside and outside our house. We are 6km from Melb CBD and that is a very bad signal.

Both phones have the latest software updates and we've tried the following things to get them to work:

- Reset network settings

- Power cycled the phones (Both soft and hard resets)

- We've tried multiple different things like turning off & on Flight mode to reconnect all wireless services

- Tried turning OFF then ON WiFi calling - either way is no better or worse

Is there anything you can provide us with to fix our bad Optus signal, like a signal booster?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus mobile phone call dropping out constantly

Hi @RiccardoDiaz.

Thanks for raising this network issue with us. 

It can be helpful to try a SIM replacement, as a faulty SIM/one you have had for quite some time can affect the network reception you experience.

I realise you mentioned it was both of your services, however still recommend this as a step to try and correct this. 

Also, have you tried chatting with the Technical Support Messaging team via the My Optus App? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I also live in the same area as @RiccardoDiaz 

My iphone XR which I purchased from Optus 12 months ago is also having major reception issues. The phone constantly has only 1 or 2 bars on 4G and the call regularly drops out or the other person cannot hear me clearly with constant "break up".  There are also times when the phone doesn't ring at all, but then shows a missed call notification. This has been going on for many months now.

The problem continues even when outside my house and standing in the street.

Please advise the best way to resolve this issue. It is a major problem as I'm running my business from home.

I've been with Optus for 20 years and currently have Optus home and business NBN services as well as multiple mobile phones with Optus.

If this continues for any longer I'll need to consider changing providers.

Please reply ASAP.

Luke

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Luke001, sorry to hear about your mobile connection issue. From what I can see 3 of the towers (Tottenham, Footscray and Yarraville) close to Seddon VIC 3011 are going through an upgrade. This means all the traffic is moving through the remaining available towers in the area which could affect the connection. The upgrade is scheduled till 25/10/20. So would wait and check connection after this date.

You can always check our Network Status in your area → here.  After the 25/10 if the issue still continues then I would suggest to try some → basic troubleshooting first and see how you go. 

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further as this is a public forum and we can`t access customers account details here.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your prompt reply Kartika.

I'll keep an eye on things after the upgrade is completed.

Regards

Luke

0 Kudos
Top Contributors