Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Michael1405
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Network outages – How to log your fault online

I am in NSW, padstow. My Optus broadband crashed 10 minutes ago with no txts in advance or after about this. Reporting a fault with Optus is NOT that easy and I am not interested in calling and waiting on your lines for 30minutes
0 Kudos
tonymy01
Contributor
Contributor

A DM on facebook got me nowhere (took 2 days for them to reply back on facebook)-

"Hi Tony, our Customer Care teams have been impacted by COVID-19 restrictions, and we are working around the clock to establish a strong network of contact solutions for our customers. They will respond to you as soon as they can.

We recommend chatting with us via the My Optus App by clicking this link on your mobile device → app.optus.com.au/msg-us?tags=SMCT.

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience. George"

0 Kudos
Khockey
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Good luck with the app...you might get lucky but suggest you chase every few hrs else you might get a response at 1am.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for this feedback, Tony.

Due to the situation with Covid-19, the Social and Messenger teams are referring to the channel which has the most capacity to assist at the time,

If you reply to that response advising you have no access to Messenger or My Optus app, I'm told by them that they will assist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
tonymy01
Contributor
Contributor

I have access to the app, but it is pretty useless now when the response is sometimes overnight while one is sleeping.
I did ask them to fix my account issue so I can raise outage cases when I had the last outage (discussed here a few posts ago) but they only raised a case for the outage itself (which was pointless as by the time they responded to me, my service was back and running).
It is nearly impossible to get someone with a clue who can help.
0 Kudos
Sandee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus mobile network outages – How to log your fault online

Says our outage is fixed amd notification was sent to us saying it’s fixed and it’s not. It has been out the entire day and now into the evening. The messaging app is an absolute joke This is ridiculous. I am paying for service with very poor service representation. Discussed and sick of the difficulty communicating work Optus !
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Re: Optus mobile network outages – How to log your fault online

It's not great to learn that you've been experiencing service issues all day, @Sandee. Since you've tried the Messaging App and you're still experiencing issues after been notified of the resolved outage we kindly ask that you send us a Private/Direct Message on our Official Facebook or Twitter page. This way our friendly Social Team can investigate and take a closer look at your service once we verify a few details. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors