cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor idreamofsydney_
Contributor

Optus coverage during the Whittlesea Show

Hi Optus. The annual Whittlesea Show is happening this weekend (4th-5th November 2017) in Whittlesea VIC 3757. This two-day event is expected to attract over 50,000 people. The popularity of the Whittlesea Show has me seriously concerned about Optus network coverage in Whittlesea during the weekend of the show. I have conducted some research and have discovered that there is a single mobile tower (a shared Telstra/Optus/Vodafone tower) in Whittlesea which services the Whittlesea township, Humevale and Eden Park. Information from the ABS states that Humevale, Whittlesea and Eden Park have a combined population of approximately 7,500. Considering that the Optus network in Whittlesea was not constructed to serve more than 8,000 people, Optus customers will struggle to get an adequate phone signal. An influx of mobile traffic on this single tower will affect phone calls, SMS and mobile data speeds and reliability. Will there be any COWs (Cell on Wheels) rolled out in Whittlesea during the Whittlesea Show? If not, I strongly advise that you supply a COW, otherwise, network coverage in the area will suffer and people attending the show will be unable to use their phones.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus coverage during the Whittlesea Show

Thanks for sending this through. I'm sorry I don't have any information about this event specifically, but I have tagged your comment as feedback for our networks team.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos