Searching...

Optus blocking my website and email

Reallyagain04

Dear All

I am experiencing the same issues as a chap posted on the 4th of July 2017.  Optus has blocked my website for the second week in a row.  Last week a technican came on site and replaced the router and wifi.  I have run tracers, had my IT chap complete Ping tests over many many hours.  I am trying to get the phone support people to address the problem.  They said to send a note to noreplycasemanager@optus.com, but the site keeps rejecting my attempts through gmail and optus.  This is so frustrating, am I best to complain to the Australian Telecommuincations Ombudsman to see if I can get an honest answer and timeline to when this is going to be corrected.  I am at a loss and have spent a lot of money to try and resolve this problem.  Your assistance is appreciated.

Re: Optus blocking my website and email

Toomey

Thanks for raising this with us. Can you please confirm if the issue is with a specific website, or your complete broadband connection?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Reallyagain04

Thank you.  It was the Optus Modem that was supplied by the supplier Sagecom.  The replacement unit that I was supplied was faulty.  It took quite a lot of phone calls to have the unit replaced.  This was completed on Wednesday by an on site technican.  I have requested that the job remain open just incase it breaks down like the last unit.

Therefore, I woudl suggest that this is fairly standard, if Optus is blocking a website I suggest it is the equipment that has been supplied.  Request that Optus have a technican visit to replace the faulty equipment, that is a start of the variables to sort out.  

Nam_L

Thanks for the update @Reallyagain04.

Should you need any further follow up on the matter, please let us know.

All the best,

68Pones

I am experiencing the same issue, have tried the factory reset of the modem over the phone, no luck, would another modem work? Other than a sagecom? What about the router, could that be part of the issue?

Dan_C

@68Pones, Can I confirm that you've contacted the web host provider to confirm if there are any blocks on their end?

What sort of email service are you using is it a company email or a service such a Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc?

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

68Pones

Using pop account. Getting mail from other accounts just not the two urls. Host said everything was ok. When I connect my pc directly to modem I could see the site. LAN side firewall was off in wifi router but wondering if that could be the case? I have run a trace route but do not know how to interpret the data received. If I turn everything off and use phone hotspot with pc I can get mail and see sites. Thanks for your interest it’s more than Ian hearing from Optus backend support.

Dan_C

No problem Smiley Happy I'd try a DNS flush. If you're using Windows, try the following:

1. Click Start.
  2. Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
  3. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
  4. Run the following command: ipconfig /flushdns

We may block sites that are suspected of phishing or infringing on copyright.

If a site has been blocked due to copyright infringement, and you believe it has been blocked in error, please email Optus at copyright.officer@optus.com.au.

If a site is suspected of phishing, then a notification is sent through to the host to investigate a resolution.

What's the URL? I can confirm with Network if the site has in-fact been blocked.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos