Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Outages

Navigating the Optus service status page

To identify an outage in your area, you’ll need to select the correct outage type relevant to the service issues you’re experiencing.

Mobile Outages

To identify an outage on the Optus mobile network, make sure to tick the Mobile Outages check box. Services that operate over the Optus Mobile network include:

• Optus Mobile
  • Optus Mobile Broadband
  • Optus Wireless Broadband

Follow the steps below to find a known mobile outage in your area:

1. Head to our Network Status page
  2. Highlight the Outages tab on the upper right of your display
  3. Click the Mobile Outages check box
  4. Enter your address or post code in the address field
  5. All mobile towers are displayed, use the legend below to check the status of the tower:
    Optus_0-1573085231844.png
  6. Tap or click the tower for the latest update. You may be prompted to, Report your fault

Broadband Outages

To identify an outage on the Optus Fixed Broadband network, make sure to click the, Fixed Outages check box. Services that operate over the Optus Fixed Broadband network include:

• Optus ADSL and DSL
  • Optus Cable Broadband
  • Optus NBN Broadband
  • Fixed Phone services

Follow the steps below to find a known Fixed Home Broadband outage in your area:

1. Highlight the Outages tab on the upper right of your display
  2. Tick the Fixed Outages check box
  3. Enter your address or post code in the address field
  4. Any unplanned or planned outages in your area will be displayed

Optus_3-1573083675121.png  Optus_4-1573083675133.jpeg

5. If applicable, you may be prompted to Log your fault

Related Broadband Troubleshooting articles:

Experiencing disruptions with your service and you’re unable to locate any outage using our Network Status page? Use the Optus @Home app  to detect performance issues and access tips on how to fix them, or contact us.  

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below 🙂

4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Outages

I see Optus is scheduling maintance on NBN service in my area, Wilston, Brisbane on Dec 17.
Good luck with that.
My service drops out multiple times DAILY.
Paying more than the old Optus cable which never missed a beat!
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I assume that's why the maintenance has been scheduled there... let us know if you see an improvement GFC.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus is treating customers appallingly. I can't find your outage map page. Given how regular these outages are now occuring, you should have the map readily accessible from your main page. Your website is an appalling jumble. Internet has been going in and out in Carnegie, Vic 3163, for the last several months.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @PFC123

Major outages are listed up on our Network status page. You'll need to make sure that you've selected the "Outage tab" not "Coverage" 

Keep in mind, we won't list outages that are isolated to your address. 

NBN were performing maintenance on their Network in Carnegie yesterday (which lasted for aprox 3 -hours .  We've since been advised that service shave been restored to the area).

If you're still having issues, it'd be to chat with our technical support team.

You can send them a message or contact them over the phone on → 131344. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos