cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Optus Network outages – How to log your fault online

Afternoon@AMNEZIDA

That could be the case. Were you able to find a planned/unplanned outage logged for your area? If so, could I grab the postcode? Happy to check the fault ticket for an update. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, it shows "reduced service" for cable broadband since roughly 9 am today (should read as no service though). Not the first time, I usually hope someone else will be able to open a ticket quickly enough, but never could do it myself.
The suburb is LUGARNO, NSW, 2210
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I've got fault ticket -  21980331

Time raised: 9:20AM

Issue: AUS grid power outage that's caused power loss to the node

Last update: We're working with AUS grid to restore services to the area 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ack, thanks. Right now the connection seems to be restored, at least in my house.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can you check our broadband please?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Hubber,

You can check for any outages or downtime in your area here, you can also log a fault online on that page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus team, during this time you should be doing the maximum to support customers that are working from home.
Our cable broadband is down again, since yesterday evening. No outage reported. Chat told me to call 131344, the automated response from tech support there after I went through 10 menus was - we are closed, call from 8am to 8pm (!!!) and sms'ed me the link to the same chat that sent me to /dev/null.
This is extremely bad customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What a joke! When you have to wait to report and issue that isn’t even known about?
I and many people in the area in Rydalmere which happens to be an soon to be NBN available area have no service at all. Interesting that the outage has not been reported or has been updated. Funny that the nbn is close..who wants to bet it won’t be fixed!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem last Thursday with the chat tool. NBN went down at about 9pm, tried to get chat access with some indication that replies would take some significant time (up to 24 hours! ). NBN came back briefly for 5 mins before going down again the rest of the night (9pm through to at least 3am and was still down) and saw a chat response sent at 7am wanting more details from me (I woke at 9 so didn't answer but someone actually did start chatting when I answered after I woke) ... but by then the NBN was back and running.
I can't use the below mentioned link/ page either, no matter what details I give it, it doesn't recognise me. I specifically allowed Optus to combine my NBN and mobile accounts to one to try to fix this issue!
No chance of raising support through chat (and both the Optus and NBN service status pages claiming no issues), and can't raise a case here either- https://offer.optus.com.au/networkstatus/faultreport/
"Oops! We're unable to locate your details in our system. Please check you have correctly entered your number. If you're a new customer, it may take up to 48 hours after activation for your details to be updated." I have been with Optus 20 years!
Edit: ok, reread this thread and see there is another link https://offer.optus.com.au/fault-logging I can't see this anywhere on any Optus page though, the other link can be found with some digging. Added this link to my faves to see if next time this 2nd link works to create a case.
Optus really has dropped the ball here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for this feedback, tonymy01.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details so the team can sort this out so you can use these self serve tools in future.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors