cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jolyta
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Network not detected while overseas in Bali.

I upgraded my phone to  Samsung Galaxy note 8 with 750 international minutes included and 33 GB data.  Now in Bali and it says No network registration detected!

How do I fix this issue?

Cannot call home to Australia or anyone locally using phone!! Also cannot message....!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Network not detected while overseas in Bali.

Bali ~ Indonesia is Zone 1 for roaming as per Optus website.

You plan includes roaming to this country - "note you dont get your normal data allowence to use roaming"

"Using your service overseas To use your mobile phone and roaming inclusions when you’re overseas, you need to activate roaming if it’s not already on. Check your roaming settings and turn roaming on/off using My Optus App or My Account."

Best to check your contracts inclusions when you log into your account as I think you get only 1Gb roaming data (then it becomes very expensive)

Good Luck with the volcano in that region also.

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus Network not detected while overseas in Bali.

Hi @Jolyta - sorry for the delayed response. The inclusions you have mentioned above, are only available in Australia. You won't be able to take advantage of your contract inclusions whilst overseas. That being said, we do have Travel Packs available or you may have some roaming inclusions included in your plan. 
That being said, it does sound like your international roaming is turned off. We can go ahead and turn this on for you. I'd suggest reaching out to our team here, with your mobile number, full name and DOB, so we can take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors