cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Faz
Occasional Contributor

Optus NBN 25 plan pathetic

Have had Optus NBN for just over a week now and it's worse than the cable broadband I had previously.

located in Como Sydney.

after installation I was lucky to get 8Mbps download, spoke to Optus and was told I could upgrade for an extra $20 a month.

Told them that they were giving me speeds below the next level down on there plans why should I pay for an upgrade when you aren't prividing what I'm paying for.

after about 1 hour of chatting and getting no where I was told that it took 24 hours to be connected properly. 

Two days later speed still crap, rang again could hardly understand the girl talking to me but finally got the message to wait one more week and it would improve.

again speed test is 8 MBps totally unacceptable.

if things don't improve quickly I will be contacting the NBN ombudsman, Optus told me before I signed up for two years that NBN would be a lot better than my old cable service.

its worse a lot worse.

extremel pissed off

6 Replies
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus NBN 25 plan pathetic

Hey @Faz, I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team via LiveChat so that they can check and ensure your speed pack has been provisioned correctly.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I was on chat with Tech support for about 40 minutes until they really cleverly reset my router remotely severing the connection.

another 40 minutes talking to a different tech support person told me to wait 24 hours.

seems when they don't have answers they tell you to wait.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator

Oh dear. 😞 If you'd like to send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number we can take a look into it for you.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thx I have sent you my info

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator

No worries, I'll respond to you there shortly.

0 Kudos
New Contributor kpickles11
New Contributor

Hi.I just had the NBN installed at Como on Monday.So far the download speed exceeds what I had before.The upload speed is way past what I had before. And I mean way past!This was with the standard Optus Sagemcon 3864 modem connected.The only other thing I have done is turn wifi off and connect the Sagemcon to a Linksys EA6900 router(that I picked up on EBAY for $99) for wifi.It has given me fast wifi throughout the house.Obviously you have fault or connection problem as I'm on the same cable as you.Keep trying!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors