Searching...
Accepted Solution

Optus CelFi Go approval

SCuFf

I live in an area with 1 bar on the 700 Mhz range. I have tried the CelFi PRO but this did nothing even with an external antenna. CelFi/Powertec have advised that they were expecting the CelFi GO to have been approved by Optus last year and its still outstanding. This unit will boost the 700 Mhz band used in my area.

When will approval of that model booster come through? Both Telstra and Vodafone use the same frequency in my area and their models have already been approved but Optus seem to have been dragging their heals.

Before anyone suggests using WiFi calling, Lets just say that a latency of 1.5 seconds on Sky Muster makes it impactical.

Should I wait for Optus to approve the booster or should I just sign up with Telstra or Voda and given up on Optus?

Re: Optus CelFi Go approval

Ray_YC

Do you know anything about this one @Paddylee

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

@Ray_YC unfortunately not, have only had my hands on the pro unit in my area of work.

I know that Powertec requested signoff on the go unit at the start of the year, dont know where that ends up in Optus. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Solution

Ray_YC

I've reached out to our Network & Devices Category Manager who has advised Powertec are doing some last minute testing and will be finalised late this week.

Following that the aim is to have these devices available soon so stay tuned to this thread and/or their website.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

SCuFf

Thanks - thats great news. I'm looking forward to not running out of Sky Muster data as I do every month when I can finally use my mobile devices at home!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos