cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus 4G Dongle

Please help.

The Optus 4G Dongle will not work when it is connected to my Microsoft 7computer

Any suggestions?

Regards

Colin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus 4G Dongle

Hi @cjohnson1,

Thanks for raising this with us.

Have you been able to check out our Mobile Broadband troubleshooting page?

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Optus 4G Dongle

@cjohnson1be aware that optus support as you have seen is not very good. aka script kiddies.

What is the model of the dongle? Did it work and die or did you just buy it?

Some things to try:

1) Remove the device driver and re-install it.

2) Remove the device driver and clean the registry with the Windows cleaner you use (if you don;t have one have a look at ccleaner slim edition as it does not install crap.

3) Try the dongle in another computer to see if it is working.

4) Look in the windows event viewer for errors associated with the dongle.

5) Where there any errors when you installed it the first time. If there was google them.

6) Try plugging it into a different USB type port. What I mean by this is USB 3.0 then try a USB 2.0 or try a USB 1.1 port.

7) If you are using a USB extension cable remove it and try again.

😎 Update Windows 7 to the latest patches and chipset drivers. If you do not know what chipset drivers are google how to upgrade them based on the motherboard you have.

9) Try it on a Windows 10 PC/Laptop.

Failing all of this ask for help from a friend who knows allot more about computer to see if they can fix it.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors