Searching...
Highlighted

Ongoing dropouts

Meena

Mid December last year a storm took out trees and telegraph poles near/in my street - Ausgrid restored power in 2 days after removing many downed trees and replacing two telegraph poles and power lines. Optus techs were quickly here to assess but could do nothing - NBN cables can only be replaced by NBN techs. We went without internet/land line phones/Foxtel  for nearly NINE WEEKS (The NBN techs were the problem - the only hold up was the crucial connection between two new telegraph poles). Now my whole street (possible the neighbourhood) is getting, suddenly, repeated dropouts - no internet, no phones, no Foxtel - usually for 10 minutes at a time or longer: usually 2-4 recognised times at night,  and the same during the day. Not at the same times either. We never had any dropouts before and had good speeds always (though rarely the highest speed that we pay for). Because it is an intermittent problem for everyone in the street it's hard to pinpoint, but since there are Optus and Telstra customers all being affected similarly I can only assume it is an NBN problem. There are several much older couples, and several home businesses here for which the internet/phones are essential. How do we resolve this without having to wait another few months for action?

Re: Ongoing dropouts

petergdownload

Optus is your representative for the NBN. You need to request Optus arrange for an NBN tech to come out and investigate. Optus should have a record of all drop outs you experience on their end.

Peter Gillespie 

Re: Ongoing dropouts

Meena

If you lose all internet and make a call on your mobile to Optus to talk to someone and the recorded voice takes you through layers and layers of useless options before getting to something resembling a fault enquiry service then DIRECTS YOU TO GO ONLINE AND USE THE WEBSITE or wait 60 minutes what options do I have.?  It was finally acknowleged as a problem by Optus and 'fixed' . Then yesterday we were getting total NBN failure every 30 minutes or so, for 10 minutes or more at a time for 24 hours. (It was still so regular it could have been SABOTAGE of NBN). The text message I had received gave me a Ref number and said to go to the faults hub - from which there is no place to report the problem as not fixed. The outages page constantly shows 'Google Maps not working on this page', there are circles and loops of failed contact forever and no one will say what is going on. Total failure this morning - no internet/phones etc for about 6 hours. Just came back on. I can't run a business like this and I can't do everything on my mobile. I'm glad I'm not an elderly person at home with no contact at all to the outside world and never being told what is happening....................

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos