Searching...

Number Share for Samsung

Simachine

Can anyone shed some light on why only the Apple watch has number sharing under Optus in Australia for wearable devices?

I am waiting for the number share ability for Samsung to purchase an LTE Gear Classic, what is taking so long?

Re: Number Share for Samsung

Puneeth

Hi,

Number share is feature which is enable only for Iphone and apple watch.

For Samsung mobile, we do not have any gear system which enable the number feature.

Simachine

Thankyou for confirming my issue but the question was why has all the australian telecommunications providers chosen to only provide the number sharing service for the apple i watch in what looks like a blatant example of cartel conduct? 

Puneeth

Hi, I would like to let you know that Apple watch comes with an  embedded SIM card called as rain which can only be activated for number share

Other smart watches does not have this features

That is the reason number is availed only apple watches

Puneeth

Called as esim

Simachine

Hi again, the Samsung gear also has an eSim option in its LTE version. My question still stands thankyou.

Highlighted

Micgrech

Are Optus going to have plans for the Samsung Galaxy smart watch that has been just announced for October release in Australia? 

Shauna

Good question, @Micgrech! I haven't heard anything at this point however this info is generally not shared until a few weeks before new releases. I'd keep an eye out on our website for further info closer to October. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

furythree

hi watch has now released

is there any update from Optus regarding esim support for the new galaxy watch

Micgrech

Just stepped out of the Optus store in highpoint Victoria.   Still no information yet from Optus. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos