cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No service withInternational roaming in Austria

My wife is in Austria at the moment. I bought a travel pack for her before she left. Worked without a problem for a week but the last two days displays "no service". I called Optus here four times already. Airplane mode on-off- check, network reset - check, phone off - on - check, trying to select local carrier manually doesn't work either. Opus checked the status of roaming and it's active but beyond that they say they can not help. Is it true? How is it possible to charge for service without making sure that it's going to work! Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Highlighted

Re: No service withInternational roaming in Austria

Hi @SVP7693, that's not good. May I please confirm if you still need a hand with this and also if you've posted the same on other post as well? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for quick reply. Yes, I still need help as the issue has not been resolved.

I have not posted this anywhere else.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No worries, shoot me a PM when you get a chance and I'll check out all the details for you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am currently in Innsbruck, Austria and currently experiencing same issue (no service) as being reported. Worked fine in Germany yesterday but since crossing the border into Austria I have not been able to connect to a network provider (searching then no service....)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am in Austria now and also unable to connect. Just shows emergency only.

can only connect with my family in Australia by WiFi in hotels.

as we have elderly parents at home it is most distressing that we are uncontactable when out and about during the day.a friend travelling with me is on a virgin plan and is having the same problem.

worked fine in Italy Malta Greece and Germany.

I have not had problem in previous years in Austria using the same phone and plan.

s

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi exactly the same issue, roaming not working in Austria.

Spoken to support on phone and chat and can't get any answers.

The standard response: "Unfortunately, the issue is still going on with the Overseas calls in Autria"

Problem Report:17367251

From the first entry on this ticket looks like this has been ongoing for a while.

I just moved to Optus before my trip regretting it now.

I really need my phone for business, please address this urgently.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @NeedHelpNow, apologies for any inconvenience caused. I've just checked this with our networks team and they are still working on getting this resolved.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Any update? Is this likely to be fixed this week? The mobile number is linked to my online banking. I am stranded without it. Please provide an ETA so I plan accordingly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @NeedHelpNow

Apologies for this. There is currently no ETA, however the networks team are working hard to get this resolved. 

0 Kudos