Searching...
Highlighted

No reception

Ben_S

So how can I live in the middle of the Gold Coast and have no reception in my house? I have checked the coverage maps, its supposedly great across the board. I have to leave the house to get messages/voicemails. A bit over a week into a plan... loving life... 

Re: No reception

Paddylee

Have you had Optus service inside the "house" before?

Any other providers that work in the house?

Gold Coast has had a huge amount of money spent on its mobile network in the last few years (Commonwealth Games), very suprising that you are having coverage issues - although depends on what the dwelling is built out of and other factors, very hard to judge internal coverage as Optus does not control what building materials are used.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Ben_S

I rolled over from Virgin seeing as they no longer exist. Virgin used Optus anyways I believe, but its worse now. Other providers are fine here. 

Paddylee

Virgin Mobile used the exact same network as your on now. 

Could be several reasons - i see a tower is down on the gold coast via https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/network/coverage

May have been new contruction thats now blocking tge tower you were previoisly on. 

Or someone is operating an illegal signal booster and its causing issues in an area. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
24 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos
11 Kudos
9 Kudos