Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No mobile network signal

Over the last few days I've noticed I have none to very little (1 bar) network signal on my mobile (Samsung Galxy S8+). Often when I get home, but today it was the same whilst out and about.
Switched network mode from 4G/3G/2G auto connect to 3G only. This helps at home, but when I am out I get no signal and have to switch back to 4G/... etc auto connect.
New "feature".
Any ideas? I don't want to have to switch network connection every time I leave the house.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: No mobile network signal

@Lisatb 
https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status 

Please check the above link for any network outages or work being done in your area.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the link. I have checked for network outrages each time I have an issue, and again just now, and there aren't any.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Lisatb Has there been any new high rise buildings been built in recent times between your home and the tower?  That could cause a signal issue.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No new buildings near home.
But had no signal when I was out either, until I switched on auto connect 4G etc.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Lisatb,

What suburb/postcode are you located in? You may be an impacted customer due to recent severe storms/high winds/heavy rains.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the message.

I'm in Perth (6016).  Definitely no storms/rain here 🙂

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay yep that can't be it then. 

Next suggested steps would be to try your SIM in another phone and if the same issue, pop into an Optus store to arrange for a SIM replacement.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I'll give that a go.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I tried switching SIM into another phone. I didn't appear to have the same problem.
Hard to tell because I borrowed teenagers iPhone so had to work quickly while they hovered.

The Optus signal in my suburb (6016) has always been rubbish. But this issue was about my phone not switching to the strongest/best signal.

I'm thinking its a phone issue and will try and resolve it with Samsung.

I'll update this if i find a resolution.
Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions.