cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor havvick93
New Contributor

New prepaid sim isnt working

I bought an optus $40 sim card on the 5th of july and registered online.

I put it into my phone restarted and checked daily since then, my phone doesnt register that there is a sim card in.

I went out and bought an optus prepaid phone and tried it in there also, same issue says theres no sim.

I went back online and put in my details and optus says its activated and the reference number is PPACT-SIMVAL-0007

Please help!, I really dont want to go and buy another sim and have the money wasted. Thankyou

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Miles_R
RetiredModerator

Re: New prepaid sim isnt working

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this, @havvick93. I've looked up the error message that you're receiving and can see that your SIM has been activated successfully onto our network. This may be done to a hardware issue with your handset. Can you please ensure that you have removed your SIM and put back into the handset to see if this fixes the issue? Please let us know how you go as we may need to look at the handset further.

0 Kudos
New Contributor havvick93
New Contributor

I've tried it on 4 different unlocked handsets.

1 of which is brand new which I bought for the sim card which is on the optus network. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks havvick93, are you able to confirm was the SIM card for a mobile phone or mobile broadband service as that cause the issue.

You're welcome to PM through your full name, date of birth, address and the SIM card number & we can check this out for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos