cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Network down in Maroubra

Hi there - Our network has been down since yesterday (around 2pm 10 Jan). We have no internet connection, no land line, and no pay TV. We have contacted support several times. No one seems to have any idea what is the problem. Optus help line is very difficult to get a hold of. Live chat is apparently busy (for personal customers - but no so for businesss customers which sadly we do not qualify). Since reporting the problem no one has followed up. We still have no connection & no answers. Are there others in our situation in Maroubra/Pagewood area? 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Network down in Maroubra

Even if you got onto chat, they would give you a generic answer. Neighbours got some joy from going to an Optus shop. However, our 3G has been defunct for 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same issue here. 30 minutes wait on the phones and live chat yesterday and today. Followed by 30 min live chat (should have taken 10 minutes). Have contacted them twice today and can only get generic, unhelpful, responses. No ETA on a fix.

really poor form.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion. Went to the nearest Optus Shop. Issue is not fixed but at least the wait time to speak to tech support was shorter and we did manage to schedule a technician visit. Will see what comes of it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

I live near Bing Street and our internet has been out for a week and one day.

At the corner of Beatty St and Mons Ave is a telegraph pole, that leaning over.  At the base is a wound up Optus Broadband cable. It seems it has become disconnected from the telegraph pole on the other side of Mons Ave.

Seems we are at the mercy of the electricity company plus Optus.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

yes - I saw that too. The service went down as the workmen closed off the road & took down the pole last Wednesday. I would have thought the Power Company & Internet Service Providers would liaise with one another before commencing work. No workmen has been back to complete the job and Optus has not provided much communication. Thank you for your update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, it doesn't look like we've generated a problem report for this one. I've done a quick search for 2035 and I'm unable to retrieve any results. Can I have someone send us through a private message with their complete address?

You can send that through via http://yesopt.us/pmdan?

I'll raise this one with Networks and send through updates as they come our way. Look forward to hearing back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I've sent the details of the outage through to our Network interface management team. I should have a response by tomorrow. I'll update this thread as more info comes my way. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, we've raised  PR -17940607 for this one. 

We are still working with the power company to restore services in your area as soon as safely possible, we apologise for the delay.

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan, Power Company has left for the day but there is still no network. Could you please provide update? Two weeks have now passed. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors