cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Network Status page not correct

I have just found out that the https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status is to put it mildly useless as it does not show outages or issues for 4G network even though Optus know about issues internally and have technicians working to fix issues.

The page showed no issues until 1 minute ago, but on the myapp I was informed that Optus internally knew about tower issues and had technicians on site investigating. I was informed I should look at the page for outage info and I informed the person I did and the page showed no issues and I sent a screen capture.

The support person must have triggered or done something as a few minutes ago the status-page now shoes there are issues.

Why is the service page not updated when Optus's internal systems flag a fault and before techs are dispatched as this will reduce the number of calls Optus support will have to deal with?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Network Status page not correct

Hey @AndS, its not great to see you feel this way. Our Network Status page does report on outages as well as maintenance - however there may be a delay in display should the outage have just happened. Now that the issue has been acknowledged the information has now transferred over to the page. 

If you needed a hand with anything, please send a message to our 24/7 Messenger Teams on the Optus App and we would be more than happy to follow up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Network Status page not correct

@Tuong_YCSo what you are saying is that Optus is so slow at updating a web page that the techs can be on site at a tower before that page is updated?

Yes I am very frustrated with how Optus does NOT give any indication of issues on the status page until work is being carried out. This is not the first time I have noticed this. I logged a fault on Monday about a B40 issue and another one last night about B1 and B3.

My interaction with support on myapp today was the best I have ever had as I got a response that the towers were being worked on within 10 minutes me starting the myapp app instead of the usual hour it takes me as this time I got someone who understood what a mobile band was and looked up internally if Optus was working on the tower(s) near me instead of going over the standard scripts.

The tower closest to me just had two weeks of real planned upgrading/maintenance that finished at the beginning of last week, which resulted in me having to change the B818 band and CA setting to increase the "default" download speed from 100's of K to 15Mbps, but last night and today the max I can get is 3 to 4Mbps due to tower issues on multiple bands.

I would love to be able to see if there are any issues within a reasonable time via the optus status page instead of the page taking so long to be accurate that it is next to useless like I indicated in my original post.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors