Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Swanbird
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Network Coverage

Hi Crowd,

I am currently using Optus mobile broadband and do get good coverage where I live. I need to get more data and I am exploring home wireless. My question is if I changed over to home wireless would my coverage be as good? How can I tell if I am able to access 2300MHz? I am in Devonport Tasmania.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Network Coverage

From memory there is no 2300Mhz coverage from Optus in Tasmania.

Looks like NBN have all the 2300Mhz in Tasmania so unfortunately Optus Home Wireless will give you a max of 5/1Mbit.

Swanbird
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Paddylee, great to have the information to make an informed decision.

Looks like nbn for me 🙂

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Logged-Off, you're right! All 2300Mhz spectrum is owned by NBNco in Tas.

I'm not sure what your usage habits are like, but we do offer 100GB Mobile broadband plans. There's no speed cap in place.

You would be looking at $80.00 per month ($70.00 if you bundle with a mobile). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Swanbird
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan for the tip, its worth considering.

Just had a look at various plans and I am wondering if I went with 100gb with ipad plan, am I able to tether it so others in our home can also use the wifi?

Thanks

Vanessa

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Absolutely:) You can also purchase a 4G Mobile broadband modem. If you jump onto a 24-month contract, you can pay the device off over your 24-month contract period.

We've got the 4G Plus Wi-Fi Modem (CAT 9) AC800S & 4G Wi-Fi modem (Cat 4)E5573.

For plans and pricing click here.

You can also purchase a modem outright and jump onto a month-month plan with no lock in contract. 

The E5573 is the most cost-effective option @ $59.00. 

Optus outright modems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Swanbird
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Excellent, already have a outright modem and no lock in contract. Just felt the ipad with 100GB was an ok deal......can I use the sim out of the ipad in a modem?

Thanks in advance

Vanessa

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, you're just about set! 

You can use the data SIM in both your iPad and the wireless modem! 

It's also worth mentioning that the plan includes unmetered mobile TV streaming and Music steaming (on selected streaming platforms).

Mobile TV streaming: 

Mobile TV streaming is suitable for one stream per service on mobile and tablet devices only. Mobile TV will be streamed up to 1.5Mbps in SD quality

Music streaming:

Music streaming is suitable for one stream per service on mobile and tablet devices only. Music will be streamed up to 512kbps

Video and other content such as ads, authentication and app analytics are excluded and will incur data charges

More info on our unmetered entertainment options here

Swanbird
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, you are a gem!

Cheers

Vanessa

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

My pleasure 🙂 If any other questions come up, you know where to find us!

Have a great night. 

0 Kudos