cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Jen13
New Contributor

Netflix unable to connect

Not able to connect to Netflix on TV, phone or PC on my Optus NBN, phone networks. But can connect using my work phone on Telstra network. I'm in Newcastle NSW

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
New Contributor KathrynAl
New Contributor

Netflix connection error

I cannot connect to Netflix on my fetch or playstation or mobile but everything else works like Stan and YouTube and web browsing. Please help. I cant logon to the Netflix website as the connection times out so it  is not an account issue with Netflix. Also some playstation games aren't connecting to server but the Netflix is my main problem as the whole family uses it

Thank you.

Occasional Contributor CasualJan
Occasional Contributor

Re: Netflix connection error

There's an issue with the link between Optus servers and Amazon servers in the US.

Netflix must be on Amazon infrastructure.

Link here:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Network-Coverage/Slow-browsing-of-international-sites-on-Optus-netw...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CasualJan
Occasional Contributor

Re: Netflix unable to connect

There's an issue with the link between Optus servers and Amazon servers in the US.

Netflix must be on Amazon infrastructure.

Link here:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Network-Coverage/Slow-browsing-of-international-sites-on-Optus-netw...

New Contributor KathrynAl
New Contributor

Re: Netflix connection error

Thank you for the speedy reply. That explains everything....I hope.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Johnzzz
New Contributor

netflix issue

Can't access netflix on optus cable network red hill brisbane. Other internet sites work, just netflix. Telstra mobile can connnect to netflix.

New Contributor PCmoderated
New Contributor

Re: netflix issue

Same here in Melbourne. Streaming most content isn't working but my Telstra work phone works perfectly.

Tags (1)
New Contributor Mems
New Contributor

Netflix won't load

We can't open netflix, it just keeps loading and then it says there's a connectivity problem but the other apps are working just fine. When I checked for 'more details' apparently one of the netflix servers is down - and once again upon research, it's still pertaining to a connectivity issue. 

New Contributor mepawan9
New Contributor

Re: netflix issue

We are facing the same issue (Melbourne)

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lyd9
New Contributor

Re: Netflix won't load

I'm having the same issue.  Tumut NSW

0 Kudos
Top Contributors