Searching...

NO INTERNET, NO LANDLINE, NO SERVICE!

CelineH
NO INTERNET, NO LANDLINE, NO SERVICE! On Tuesday the 25th of June at approx. midday both our internet and landline cutout. We reset the modem several times as advised on the website. When this did not work we contacted Optus. The operator informed us that he would contact us within 24 hours with a solution. This did not happen and we were required to contact Optus again 36 hours later. When queried on this, the operator did not have a valid reason. He then explained that due to a technician error our NBN connection, WHICH WE PAY FOR EACH MONTH, had been disconnected from our address and connected to another. He then informed us that we would not hear anything back until at least Tuesday, when they might be able to tell us when our internet and land line might be reconnected. We are parents of a baby and professional educators. Connection to the internet and a functioning landline are an absolute necessity. It is UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE that we have not only been disconnected due to someone else's mistake but will be without service for an indeterminate amount of time and WILL STILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY. We have had zero support from Optus and feel that turning to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the only course of action remaining to us.

NO INTERNET, NO LANDLINE, NO SERVICE!

CelineH

NO INTERNET, NO LANDLINE, NO SERVICE! On Tuesday the 25th of June at approx. midday both our internet and landline cutout. We reset the modem several times as advised on the website. When this did not work we contacted Optus. The operator informed us that he would contact us within 24 hours with a solution. This did not happen and we were required to contact Optus again 36 hours later. When queried on this, the operator did not have a valid reason. He then explained that due to a technician error our NBN connection, WHICH WE PAY FOR EACH MONTH, had been disconnected from our address and connected to another. He then informed us that we would not hear anything back until at least Tuesday, when they might be able to tell us when our internet and land line might be reconnected. We are parents of a baby and professional educators. Connection to the internet and a functioning landline are an absolute necessity. It is UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE that we have not only been disconnected due to someone else's mistake but will be without service for an indeterminate amount of time and WILL STILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY. We have had zero support from Optus and feel that turning to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the only course of action remaining to us.

Re: NO INTERNET, NO LANDLINE, NO SERVICE!

Jeneral__Pain

The ACCC can’t compel Optus to reconnect at the click of fingers. And sadly, your employment or family status does not entitle you to priority support either. 

Optus and every other provider in Australia when we talk internet is “best effort”, though some put more effort in than others.

Reading your post suggests they relocated your service? 

I want to say “do this to get help” but the problem we run into, is the whole time delay problems. Optus sadly has too many layers that are hard to get through and I suspect is the reason your service got incorrectly relocated.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

CelineH

You are absolutely right, out employment or family status does not entitle us to support. But it does contextualise the    difficulties we face as an individual family being ignored by a major company. Do you not feel compassion. Why did you feel it was necessary to remind us that you are not an Optus employee? Who would want to spend their personal time engaged in this type of forum? Regardless of the “advice” you are providing, our family is still without internet or a land line for the indeterminate future and is still paying for this “lack of” service. Is that fair?

Jeneral__Pain

Not having internet might seem "not fair" to you, but lets remember the 100000s of people who don't have internet that is even reasonable (too far from exchanges, forgotten/not connected by NBN etc). I've seen people move into new homes only to find out the developer didn't engage Telstra or Optus, is that fair?

Why do I say "not an employee", because people assume instantly we are.

As for what has happened, if you have already escalated it with Optus, it's a matter of them logging a job with NBNCo to connect the service. If you previously had NBN in place (based on what you said you did), it should be a matter of 'activation' that takes no more than 24 hours. Any longer than that, means Optus is dropping the ball.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

CelineH
Are you virtue signalling or do you just own a lot of cats. Who would spend their personal time cruising these forums only to troll people experiencing genuine problems? Being secretly contracted by Optus is probably your least saddest option here. And FYI, it’s going on SIX days without internet or a landline. Has the ball been dropped yet? Stop harassing us and go feed your cats.

Jeneral__Pain

Since you’ve descended into personal insults, this is where I walk away and wish you luck in getting your issue resolved. 

Jeneral__Pain

I think you also posted this on another web forum. Sadly, Optus policy of having one operator dealing with multiple customers means that customer 1's request gets placed on customer 4's service which causes so much grief.

In your case, your best bet is www.optus.com.au/complaints

Sadly, your child or work requirements aside, as its a consumer grade service its all best effort (Even though Optus stuffed up).

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos