Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Phillis
New Contributor

NBN installation is taking forever- Optus and NBN service has been rubbish

Hi All, 

I have been waiting for my NBN connection for over 3months and I have been tossed around by NBN and Optus. Everytime a remdy date is set, nothing actually occurs and it keeps getting shifted. Optus has not been able to provide us with a temporary fix (Eg. Prepraid Internet) & has left us hanging for a while. Customer Relationship Management has been rubbish, as they have not called me on the promised dates. Optus keeps tossing me around to different supervisors and managers and can't seem to resolve my problem. I wish someone can understand how it feels to be without internet for 3months!... 

Can anyone provide me with some workarounds or a way to complain at the highest possible manner at Optus. If this issue continues, I am planning on taking Optus and NBN to Tribunal. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN installation is taking forever- Optus and NBN service has been rubbish

Mornign @Phillis very sorry for the delayed reply to your post. With your NBN connection, have you been advise as to what's causing the delay? 3 months is a long time to wait and we are very sorry to hear that it's taken so long. With NBN install delays, there can be several factors which can push out the install. It may be an issue with a lack of hardware in the street, activation software issues or technician shortfall. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Phillis
New Contributor

It doesn't matter what is wrong! when a service is offered, the customer has every right to be provided with a temporary fix for the solution. We live in a world where the internet is extremely crucial to daily living. NBN is coming on the 22nd to install it - Lets hope this time its for real. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hey @Phillis, how did the installation go today?

0 Kudos