Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Talbots
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Sagecom Modem Dropouts

After switching over to FTTN and receiving an Optus Sagecom Modem, the modem drops out very frequently (usually 7 or more) during the day, after 5-10 minutes it's usually back up online, only to drop out again within the next couple of hours. 

Is there a fix to this? 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: NBN Sagecom Modem Dropouts

Hard reset

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Talbots
New Contributor
New Contributor

Have tried a hard reset on multiple occasions with no luck

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

could be a failed activation, contact optus via livechat and check that your NBN is activated properly.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there, @Talbots. Sorry to hear about the issues you've had since moving over to FTTN, we'd love to help with this. Please jump into Live Chat so we can take a look at this for you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ice
Contributor
Contributor

i have that same problem i suspect it is the modem i say this because in the past when i had adsl,i  had small modem the same brand.of fast sagecom modem ..now when at that time i i  was given a Netgear  modem router on ADSL it worked fine i seen my speed go down from 20mps at the start in may 2017 then it went down to 14mbs then 10 then 5 now its pitaful

0 Kudos
ice
Contributor
Contributor

i have that same problem i suspect it is the modem i say this because in the past when I had ADSL,i  had small modem the same brand.of fast sagecom modem ..now when at that time i  was given a Netgear  modem router on ADSL it worked fine i saw my speed go down from 20mps at the start in may 2017 then it went down to 14mbs then 10 then 5 now it's pitiful

0 Kudos
cruedevil
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Interesting yo umention this modem, this is the one i was provided. I also get drop outs like you mention. Optus did send me another one and the same issues occur.

i want to guy buy my own modem but i dont want to shell out money for a modem then if it still drops out Optus dont support me.

Because Satan said so
0 Kudos
ice
Contributor
Contributor

hi, what i found out is yes some models can be defective you need to get a technician to come to your property ask for an NBN tech , in my case the lines outside, where wet, in the pit, also the old lines were old connection points that were brown when they should be the new green connections,  if you got fibre to the node.it won't be fast after they fix it you may only get around 16mps on the download and possible 5 on the upload, your ping should be around 11 not higher, I have another modem they sent out also it never made it faster.you probably got a connection outside, that is wet or dud, they lines run along the street, so if somebody pit is wet and your lines run along the street from the node it will drop out, you will never get the speeds promised on the contract, but it may be fast enough to watch 1080P on youtube and watch Netflicks -and the net.... Optus should up the bandwidth, and ease the congestion, that happens at peak times.... if you do decide to get another modem go with netgear or something eles, by the way what is your spee d,do a speed test here http://beta.speedtest.net/ the old copper wire if it gets wet is no good check your pit for water,and bad conections,.most likely its the wiring outside....i wanted to get the 100-40 speed  18mps

0 Kudos
cruedevil
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Im getting the dual band modem sent out to me and i will see if that imporves things. I have had a NBN tech out earlier in the year and he found no problems and blamed Optus modem. If this modem does the same I will ask to get a tech out again and get a written report so i have some kind of evidence

Because Satan said so
0 Kudos
Top Contributors