cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Jantu70
Contributor

My iPad 2 operating system issues

My 3G iPad 2 seems to be sluggish over last weeks can I get som advice on my options it operates on OS 9.35 in conjunction with mobile Wi Fi an my iPhone  6s ,I have the two synchronised 

However over the past month the IPad  seems slow to load and typing is extremely painful 

Do I need a new Sim Card or shock horror as new I Pad ,a message comes up saying I should be running  10.0 OS

Appreciate some advice please

Thanks Jan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: My iPad 2 operating system issues

Hi

First check how may apps you have running.  Do this by double clicking on the home button and then swiping up the pages to clear them.  (apologies if you have already done this)

Nex try resetting you ipad as per this link:

http://www.hard-reset.com/apple-ipad-hard-reset.html

You should also install IOS 10 as with any updates as these include the latest security updates.

It wouldn't be your SIM.

Hope this helps

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Also the iPad 2 is quite old now so with the latest software and apps, you'll find it will slow down. I think I got my iPad 2 in 2011 so that'd make the hardware approximately 6 years old now. Unfortunately it may be time for an upgrade if you can find a few tweaks to help.

Before you do though definitely try doing a full wipe as per the link above first. That usually gives it a second life but don't forget to back it up first!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Jantu70
Contributor

Thank you , I have done all the re sets recommended without wiping completely  I think it's because even with iTunes it will not load OS 10 ( just says it's up to date ) The I pad has been a good servant and as you say 6 years old and has done a lot of work , not sure to upgrade to I pad pro or I pad 2 plus 

what is your recommendation 

thanks Jan 

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I'm still using my iPad air 2 (which I think is 2-3 generations younger than yours) so I don't have any hands on experience with either sorry. I think at the end of the day it'll come down to longevity. They are both great but I'm pretty sure the pro has better specs so would probably last longer but also cost more upfront. Tough choice! If there was any chance of you holding out until Christmas, I would and suss out the after christmas sales but that's a while away unfortunately. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Contributor Jantu70
Contributor

Dear Sam ,Thanks for the advice I've done a bit of tweaking and the iPad is going a little faster and loading quicker too 

Thanks again 

0 Kudos