Searching...
Highlighted

Much needed up grade was canned

ALurt

Reside in Maryborough Qld. Primed by too many Otptus sms to our five phones that upgrades to network were imminent.

They were cancelled just before the stroke of twelve. That was a year ago now.

We live just 5 minutes from the PO and I could spit to the Bruce Highway (if I wass a good spitter ;-) yet all phones (iPhones Samsung, HTC, Sony and Xiaomi) suffer low signal strength such that we often have to move when taking a call to hopefully improve reception while some sms especially mms, refuse to send first and sometimes second try. Country around here is flat for the most part, no excuse for signal problems.

We are all really over it and I have decided that if this situation doesn't improve soon I will be forced to switch to . . . another carrier. We arent' big users so only pay under $2k a year all-up.

Big company like Optus prolly don't care; one goes out one comes in a revolving door policy.

cheers,

Re: Much needed up grade was canned

Toomey

Sorry to hear of the issues. You can keep an eye on the "outages" tab of the network status page for any planned upgrades (orange towers). 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Tom020

Really not a helpful response at all... Someone could at least look in to this for him?
Perhaps find out for the customer if that upgrade is indeed permanently canceled, or just on hold?

I mean, people usuall come here for answers when they have exausted other self help advice.
It would show the community you care, if the mods here would please give reply's other than just a generic copy and paste from self help pages.
I'm curious to find out about this too.

Toomey

You're right @Tom020 and I apologise.

The network status page I have provided links up with the network system we use in the back end. Any planned upgrades will show up on the website as soon as they're entered in our system. You can pop in your full address and it'll show you all the nearby sites. Unfortunately I can't see anything coming up soon.

Something a moderator will have access to is the history of upgrades to a site, although I don't believe this include cancellations. 

If you're having issues with general reception at your home address, then Tech Support can definitely investigate and advise options moving forward. If you private message a moderator with your home address, we can take a closer look for any nearby interference too.

Hope this helps, feel free to send through any questions and we can follow up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos