cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Mjhiggins70
New Contributor

Mobile coverage in Melbourne

So I travel to work from Reservoir To Southern Cross everyday for work on the train.  Is optus going to sort out the following blackspots.  Every day I lose internet between Croxton and Rushall, then again in Jolimont, all the way through the tunnel and then drops again at Southern Cross. I then get exactly the same service as I go home in reverse.  I understand the tunnel would be hard but all other areas should have no issues.  Southern Cross should be a priority

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Mobile coverage in Melbourne

You can read info on the Mobile Blackspot Program which includes an e-mail address to contact. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor

The link you sent me is for rural and regional Australia, my outages are in metropolitan Melbourne and city of Melbourne. Where do I go to try to fix these issues? 

New Contributor Digs1
New Contributor

I've recently started commuting on this line I'm having the EXACT same coverage issues.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Digs1,

Please visit here to read about the Optus Coverage Commitment.

Customers can check for outages and provide feedback on the network here on the network coverage map.

For the amount of people who would catch the train we have pretty minimal complaints about it on here, have you done any troubleshooting with your phone? Tried using your SIM in another phone? Tried setting it to 3G Only? etc.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor jsbyc
New Contributor

Coverage black spot, or just the incompetence of deliverying consistant internet service to customers?

I was told that my coverage seemed fine while i was getting 0.16 Mbps on my phone. put a Testra and Kogan in and it worked fine, 11 mbps. put my optus sime card to another 2 devices: instant death of the internet. Clayton here. also, Clayton to southern cross on the train is like passing by several black holes.

New Contributor

I'm sorry to say, most people don't complain as they get the usual "it's your handset" answer. There is definitely an issue around Merri as I see people on the train struggling went we get there. Most of the line is ok to good except this part.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I find that the coverage at Southern Cross is horrible when I am sitting on a Vline train. 

Most times leaving the station on the train I can load YouTube but not Netflix or anything like that.

I cannot even load facebook while sitting at Southern Cross due to the lack of signal even though my phone says 3-4 bars. I have tried this in multiple phones from Samsung to iPhones

0 Kudos
Top Contributors