Searching...

Mobile Coverage in Brighton South Australia???

NevP

Hi Team,

I'm curious to gain a better understanding of why the mobile coverage is so poor in Brighton, South Australia. Checked coverage and indoor/outdoor is either good or great for internet, email, voice & text, yet both my wife and I only see 3G coverage and maybe one bar 4G at times. Did a tower check as well and there seems to a number of towers in and around the region, so coverage shouldn't be a problem, unless we're in a black spot?

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks,

Nev

Highlighted

Re: Mobile Coverage in Brighton South Australia???

Jeneral__Pain

There are so many things that alter coverage, starting with the type of handset. 

Other issues include the fact that people often run illegal/incorrectly configured transmitters that cause interference. For example I have direct line of site to the tower that services me, I get 1 bar of 4G or 3 bars of 3G and poor call quality/drop outs/slow data. And Optus has admitted they have a black spot here due to interference.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
26 Kudos
19 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos