cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor NevP
New Contributor

Mobile Coverage in Brighton South Australia???

Hi Team,

I'm curious to gain a better understanding of why the mobile coverage is so poor in Brighton, South Australia. Checked coverage and indoor/outdoor is either good or great for internet, email, voice & text, yet both my wife and I only see 3G coverage and maybe one bar 4G at times. Did a tower check as well and there seems to a number of towers in and around the region, so coverage shouldn't be a problem, unless we're in a black spot?

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks,

Nev

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Mobile Coverage in Brighton South Australia???

There are so many things that alter coverage, starting with the type of handset. 

Other issues include the fact that people often run illegal/incorrectly configured transmitters that cause interference. For example I have direct line of site to the tower that services me, I get 1 bar of 4G or 3 bars of 3G and poor call quality/drop outs/slow data. And Optus has admitted they have a black spot here due to interference.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors