Searching...
Accepted Solution

Mobile Coverage at my new house is terrible

mattryzhick

I have recently moved to Curlewis, 3222.

I put my full address into the Optus Coverage map and it says that coverage both inside and outside my house for voice and text are great.

However, I often have no service within the house and it is nearly impossible to make or receive a call. I usually have 1 reception bar inside the house and can get two if I go out to the back yard (where I need to go to make a call).

Does Optus plan to add additional towers (or what ever it is you do) to better service the area?

I can't see how you can report coverage as great when it is clearly not.

I use and iPhone X, my wife uses and iPhone 6s and I have had Samsung users connected to Optus at my house who have the same experience.

Thanks, Matt.

Re: Mobile Coverage at my new house is terrible

Davelew

Hi

I am afraid the coverage charts of all the telcos can only tell you a general coverage, not for individual houses.

I moved to my current house having a Telstra Sim and despite their coverage map showing good coveragei had very poor reception.  Asking my neighbours they had good reception and it was just isolated to my property.

It is unlikely in the short term Optus will be able to improve your reception so I would suggest your only option is to move to a different provider. Buy a cheap Sim and check if you get good reception.

If you are on a contract with Optus it would be worth speaking to them and explain your reception issues to see if they will release you from your contract.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

SamSam

Have you got broadband at home via NBN or another fixed service? If so, maybe check out WiFi Calling.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

mattryzhick

Thanks heaps for the detailed answer Dave.

im going to give wifi calling a go first.......

if that doesn’t work, I will have to look at other providers.

glad that I now feel like I have some options Smiley Happy

Kind regards, Matt. 

mattryzhick

Hi SamSam,

Thanks heaps for the great suggestion. 

I have activated wifi calling on our phones and hope that this will help us out. 

Thanks again, Matt. 

Highlighted

mattryzhick
WiFi Calling has greatly improved our ability to make and receive calls......thanks heaps for the suggestion!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos