cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tuong_YC

Re: Mobile Coverage Harrington NSW

Hey @micgary, sometimes after long periods of usage- service can do require some essential maintenance to make sure everything in spec and help improve the coverage. Similar to taking a car for service, the upgrades undergone are to ensure strong and stable signal reach.

Thanks for patience on this, we really do appreciate it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

micgary
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing ever changes just the same answers with the same result Tower has just goone through another upgrade last week end has signal improved NO !!!! Optus Dispute resolution was we always have the option to go to another provider Great Answer probably the only Real Answer we'll get !!

0 Kudos
micgary
Contributor
Contributor

Same old waffle nothing improves was advised by Optus that if I purchase a Regional Mobile this would fix the problem only thing is when I've enquired through other Mobile Outlets advised there's no such thing can you elaborate upon this one was advised to purchase the Samsung S20 or above models this would fix doesn't help my finances though !! ( Cost of Phone and escalated monthly charges )

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Sorry for the confusion caused @micgary. I believe that our Support Team may have suggested the Samsung S20 based on receiver sensitivity as it may have higher transmission strength than other devices.  Generally speaking, signal strength is measured as ‘dBm’ (decibel-milliwatts) and a higher dBm can result in greater coverage. 

That said, a device such as this does not guarantee that your coverage issues will be resolved.

We welcome you to message us again via the My Optus App where we can review your existing case and see if there is anything else that we can do to assist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
micgary
Contributor
Contributor

Everything you have suggested has been applied to my mobile numerous updates on the tower but nothing ever improves signal remains 1 - 2 bars at best with wi fi calling connected have suggested 

on numerous ocassions if you feel it is the A50 + A21 phones that optus gives us newer phone to see if the signal has improved rather than telling us to buy new phones supposedly Regional go on higher plans costs us further with the same exact service  

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

We appreciate you connecting to WIFI Calling, @micgary. But, it's certainly not great to see that you are still experiencing these reception issues. We would recommend that you reach out to our 24/7 Messaging Team again via the My Optus App. This way, they should be able to escalate this matter with the relevant Technical Management Team who can investigate further and contact you directly to discuss the next steps.

0 Kudos
micgary
Contributor
Contributor

Been doing that for over 12 months with no resolution just tower upgrades but nothing improves so now advised to purchase a  Regional Phone but nobody has heard of such a thing !!

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Apologies again @ MICGARY. 

We have passed on your feedback to our networks team regarding the coverage there so that they can investigate this.

Can you please also contact  our chat team or the Facebook social  and Twitter social team sothat we can investigate this again.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors