Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
micgary
Contributor
Contributor

Mobile Coverage Harrington NSW

Since early 2019 there has been numerous outages and updates to the Tower at Harrington although we have constantly raised this with Optus nothing improves !!

Optus advises coverage is " GREAT " the tower is less than one kilometre from our house yet the only way we can get coverage is connecting through Wi Fi Calling to our home internet which gives us a bar strength of one to me and many other Harrington Local we are fed up with the coverage provided by Optus for its mobile service when we complain Optus tells us they are doing upgrades but every time they do signal strength doesn't improve. Apart from false advertising on there Optus mobile coverage page this should be altered from " GREAT to reflect as " POOR " !!!

Optus when are you going to rectify this problem ???????????????? 

0 Kudos
27 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Mobile Coverage Harrington NSW

@micgaryTheir upgrades may be to add new mobile bands or upgrade to newer equipment that will in the future allow 5G. Either way based on what I have seen Optus will not tell you what they are upgrading or IMHO an "upgrade" may be to fix a fault with a particular band (seen this first hand).

Good luck with getting an answer from Optus that helps you out.

0 Kudos
George_YC

Hi @micgary, sorry to hear you're having some issues with the network in Harrington, NSW. We're upgrading the network around your area to improve the quality of your services. While we're working on it, there may be some service interruptions but we'll try to keep this to a minimum. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. You can register for updates via our Network Status page. All you need to do is select the Mobile & Wireless Internet tab, search your full address, then click 'Report an issue' or 'Click here to keep me posted'. If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
micgary
Contributor
Contributor

We've already lodged over four complaints regarding mobile coverage in the past 12 months the tower has already been upgraded on numerous occasions yet the mobile coverage still does not improve Harrington residents are fed up with the coverage and talking mass exiting from Optus to other coverages isn't there a law against false advertising promoting a product that doesn't meet what's advised Optus Mobile Coverage for this area listed on your coverage page is listed as " GREAT "this is greatly exaggerated if the signal strength using Wi Fi calling through your home internet gives you a strength of one not five this is false advertising and yes am registered with the updates regarding network status have been for over 12 months since first complaint but still reception or updates don't improve signal strength here !!

0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

Thanks for clarifying, @micgary.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Sarah_YC

Hi @jeffren,

Are you having issues with your mobile service?

We'd first suggest checking our Network Status page for any outages or network maintenance in your area. 

You'll need to select Outages in the top right corner of the map and then tick the option for 'Fixed' or 'Mobile'. From there you just need to enter your address and/or postcode.

If you can't see anything reported in your area, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

micgary
Contributor
Contributor

Naturally still exactly the same 1 bar coverage and thats with Wi Fi calling connected don't know what you're doing with these so call upgrades to the Optus Tower but would expect over an 18 month period of numerous upgrades that the reception would have at least improved to a status of minimum 2 Bars out of Five when will Optus get someone that is actually knowledgeable and trained when actually upgrading these so call towers are they actually turned on ?? in our last residence we had a tower 500 metres from us but no coverage also, argued with Optus and supplied Council applications to them which they still disagreed with existance surprisingly the next day we had full coverage some one forgot to flick the switch !!

0 Kudos
micgary
Contributor
Contributor

When are you going to stop with the fabricated answers this has been logged for the past 18 months have had numerous updates to our so call tower that has done absolutely nothing to improve coverage only last week optus mobile services were again blacked out no coverage .

Why is it that Optus can promote on their webpages that mobile coverage is " GREAT " yet is absolutely disgusting Isn't this False Advertising and against the law to promote such rubbish

0 Kudos
micgary
Contributor
Contributor

After 18 months of constantly logging this problem with Optus and the numerous upgrades to the local tower in this period there has been absolutely no improvement in coverage Shame on you Optus !!!

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hi @micgary, thanks for getting back to us with an update. We're sorry you're still experiencing issues with your mobile service.

Just so we can investigate further, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page along with your Case Reference number. From there, we will try to assist you in the best possible way. Tina.

Top Contributors