Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Low signal and drop outs

We have recently moved to a new area and taken our Mobile Wi-Fi device with us as we are still in an area with no broadband or nbn coverage. I checked the network coverage and according to your website we should have good indoor and outdoor coverage. For the past 2 months since moving in we have had really dodgy signal; slow speed and drop outs so frequently that I actually avoid using it. I'm spending $50 a month on something I can't use consistently. Is there any way of fixing this signal issue as I really don't want to change providers but will be forced to if it can't be solved.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Low signal and drop outs

Hi

Coverage maps don't necessarily show the coverage for a particular point.  Ask somebody with an Optus phone to check the signal in your house. If their signal is poor you may need to change providers. Before you do  buy a cheap SIM from who you intend to change to and check the signal.

In my house I changed from Telstra to Optus because of the poor signal yet our neighbour has a good Telstra signal.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos