cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor andilee
New Contributor

Lots of data but no internet connection

Hi there!

For the past two days, I've been unable to access the internet on my tablet (my optus phone works fine).

I thought I was out of data, but when I checked, MyOptus shows that I have 36GB of data left - so definitely not a problem!!

I can access the internet if my tablet can connect via a WiFi connection (including a phone hotspot).

Any ideas please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
New Contributor andilee
New Contributor

I have data but can't access the internet

Hi there!

For the past two days, I've been unable to access the internet on my tablet (my optus phone works fine).

I thought I was out of data, but when I checked, MyOptus shows that I have 36GB of data left - so definitely not a problem!!

I can access the internet if my tablet can connect via a WiFi connection (including a phone hotspot).

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Lots of data but no internet connection

Hey @andilee, sorry to hear you've had some trouble there! There could be a number of factors impacting network serviceability. Would recommend running through some troubleshooting here, and also checking your area for any know works or faults that could be impacting the service. Let us know how you go!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: I have data but can't access the internet

Hey @andilee, responded to your other thread here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lots of data but no internet connection

Sounds like the SIM in the tablet has broken, or is not contacting. Needs to be pulled out and put back in again. Can also be put into a phone as a test.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors