cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Chk
New Contributor

Lost my Cable / Internet in Everton Park, Qld.

Hi guys

I hope I'm at the right place, I've lost all internet via my cable within Everton Park, Qld.

Done the usual by resetting router; disconnecting equipment; powering down etc but no cigar.

I have a Netgear Wireless Router - CG3000. Being trouble free for years.

Checked coverage/outage page and the tower's around me me is say all is OK.

Anyone in my area in the same boat, (I'm using my phone as a hotspot so as I can do all this).

Any feedback would be good.

Cheers Rod

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Lost my Cable / Internet in Everton Park, Qld.

If you're seeing towers on the outage page it means you're checking mobile outages, not cable. There's a tick box in the top right to switch between fixed and mobile. That said, I checked for you and nothing showed up.

I'd give Optus a call to see if there's anything wrong with your specific service.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Chk
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't see the 'Mobile Outage' or 'Fixed outage' option from within Firefox (I thought I must be blind or something), so I used microsoft explorer edge and, behold, I saw those options. Thanks.

Checked like you and all looking good. Thanks again.

I suppose Optus support don't monitor these chats?

Looks like I may have to try and ring support.

Cheers Rod

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Chk, we're heavily involved in the moderation of the forum.

I'm more than happy to go in and look. I should be able to point you in the right direction. If I'm able to identify an issue, I'll go ahead and refer you across to our HFC case management team.

We'll be able to arrange a call back at a time that suits you best. Send us a PM with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and account number.

PM http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Chk
New Contributor

Thanks Dan.

Just sent email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks @Chk, I've just replied back with my findings. We'll chat with you there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos