cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Little Mountain 4g tower down

There’s a tower in little mountain that has been down since Friday. Both my Optus mobile and Optus home wireless broadband are only picking up faint signals from other towers, and other friends Optus devices are the same.

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/site_search.site_lookup?pSITE_ID=401317 - tower location

Any ETA on when this tower is getting fixed? Struggling to get any meaningful internet connection currently and can’t receive calls or texts inside the house.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Little Mountain 4g tower down

Hi @Sandman23, thanks for reaching out to us here.  My apologies for any inconveniences caused.

I have looked into the network in Little Mountain and it appears there is an unplanned outage affecting the tower near you.  The fault is currently under investigation and we are working to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

To check on the status of the outage, you can visit our Network Status page, click on Mobile Outages tab and enter your full address.  You will then see the outage reported and you can click on "Click here to keep me posted" to enter your contact details so that you will receive updates on the outage.

If you're wanting more specific details for your location, please reach out to us by a private message via our Social Media pages (official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page) where we'll be able to grab your details securely and take a closer look for you.  From there, we'll be able check the status of the tower in question and provide you with an update.

Alternatively, you can reach us on a smart device via our Messaging service on the My Optus app 24/7.

Once again, very sorry for the disruptions.  Let me know if you have any further questions  - Vin