Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mlunny
New Contributor
New Contributor

Letter of provisioning

Can someone places tell me who / which department of Optus I need to speak with to get a letter of telecommunications provisioning written to use towards a subdivision of property. I am being bounced around from one area to the next and back again

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Steph_C
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Letter of provisioning

Hey @Mlunny! Are you able to PM us your full name, DOB and account info, along with a little more info on your request so we can lend a hand? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Mlunny
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there - no, as I really don't see how providing those additional details relates to my query. If no-one can answer my query withoug me having to provide that level of personal information I'd rather go without it I'm afraid.

Be rest assured I'm over the age of 18...in fact over 30-something, but I can't see how my age is needed for understanding if Optus can or can not provide a letter of telecommunication provisioning.

Thanks

mlunny

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Understand where you're coming from @Mlunny - We will need that info in order to look into you account and provide this type of information. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Hersvami
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

How did you go?

I am in the same boat, no one knows what they are talking about.

0 Kudos
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

We can certainly investigate further if we had your details. The document you're after might be labelled differently within our systems.

0 Kudos
Hersvami
New Contributor
New Contributor

Which details are you needing?

this is a link to the Telstra requirements

I need some thing to this effect

http://www.dpcd.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/156623/AN49_Amendment-VC81_Telecommunications...

0 Kudos
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

How may lots are you subdividing into? The document you linked to is in relation to providing Fibre services to the subdivided lots in preparation for NBN. Providers like Telstra, Opticomm and NBN usually connect up and provide fibre services to new estates.

Optus provides Cable services over HFC to usually stand alone dwellings and at most side-by-side duplex. If Cable is not available then we would offer services via ADSL and copper lines provided by Telstra.

0 Kudos
Hersvami
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am subdividing one lot into two units. The council needs a letter from telco to sa it can be done or is done.

If you can provide your email I can send a sample letter

0 Kudos
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I can see where you're coming from though Optus doesn't offer fibre connections to residential addresses. We only have Cable HFC or ADSL available. We wouldn't be able to provide the letter you're looking for.

0 Kudos