Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
socknbean
New Contributor
New Contributor

Kununurra Outage

Hey, Kununurra hasn’t had service since Thursday afternoon. I’ve had to drive to the pub to use their free wifi to check what’s going on. Not that the map tells us anything?
What’s the forecasted repair time?
I think it’s stupid offering ‘keep me updated’ when I can’t receive emails or sms because I’m on SOS only. Over 48 hours down, useless.
4 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: Kununurra Outage

Hi @ SOCKNBEAN - apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

. I've just checked and can see there is an unplanned service disruption reported in  Kununurra. At this stage we have no ETR, however our technicians are working hard to get this fixed as soon as possible and get the services back up and online.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

socknbean
New Contributor
New Contributor

You’ve let me know what I already know.
To be extremely rude & petty, your technicians must be on Telstra if they’re able to keep you updated?

I can see the tower from my house and I do the walk that ends at the tower 3 times a week. There have been no technicians.

Kununurra is small rural town, 5 thousand people, hardly anyone is with Optus. To indicate how few people are with Optus, everyone I’ve spoken with haven’t even known there has been an issue with Optus.
I feel like Optus isn’t taking this outage a seriously because we’re thousands of ks away and a tiny portion of their profit.

No form of service since Thursday afternoon. It is SUNDAY
How many technicians are working on this again??
0 Kudos
George_YC

We understand how important network connectivity is and we are doing the best we can to ensure our services are online. I'm afraid there are no updates on when services will be back online.

Although you may not see someone at the tower, they may be completing checks remotely, in an area that is not visible to you or have attended at a time that you were not looking at the tower.

You can register your fault by visiting our Network Status page. All you need to do is select the relevant connection type, search your address and click the 'Click here to keep me posted' button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@socknbeanYou are getting the standard Optus QOS. My brother in Karatha uses Telstra and when I have been visiting he says like you no one uses Optus in the Pilbra. Looks like you may need to jump ship or get a Telstra SIM while Optus send techs from Port Headland/Karatha or fly them in from way down south....

Good luck and at least at the moment there are no cyclones due in the next week.