cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Hukster239
New Contributor
New Contributor

Iphone 7 4g Drop out

Hi All, 

I have found that lately the 4G network drops out in the middle of the Sydney City in places it never dropped out. It goes to the 3G network with full bars and the ability to use the internet becomes non-existent. 2 questions

1) Is there something happening on the network that anyone is aware of that is causing this? it has only started in the last fortnight leading into xmas and I wonder if they are doing somesort of upgrade to the network. According to the network coverage, which isn't always super accurate, there isn't anything happening

2) Why is the 3g Network so slow? Im not expecting warp speeds, but it literally seems to stop. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wesley-J
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Iphone 7 4g Drop out

Hey @Hukster239 - thanks for reaching out to us. Is there a specific area in Sydney City that you frequent? I can check the mobile towers near that particular area to see if there are any outages or upgrades happening. Generally, during the holiday period our Mobile towers will be congested and the quality of the connection will be slower based on the fact that the Metropolitan areas are more heavily populated than usual.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jtsbt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is also happening around the nambucca heads, bowraville area in NSW.

sitting under the local optus tower, full bars on phone and phone calls repeatedly dropping out and intermittent data.

been happening for the last 4 days and still happening. 

0 Kudos
jtsbt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why does Optus ignore these issues?

my phone keeps getting cut off  when making calls and data ceases to exist even when having full strength signal in full view of Optus towers. 

It stinks how this just goes unattended. I’m paying for a service and it’s not functioning properly. Am I supposed to just put up with this with absolutely no explanation discussion or sympathy whatsoever?

no wonder Optus is getting well offside with people. 

Answer the issues and fix it!

0 Kudos
jtsbt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

And still no support!

where is the support for this problem it’s still happening???

0 Kudos
Hukster239
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey @Wesley-J, I have found that there are several areas running through from around Waverton Train Station through all the way across to the Rocks. Once you hit the Rocks, it seems to be stable again. 

Regarding the congestion, I tend to find this will happen anywhere crowded and I try not to get angry or disappointed about it, but it's a bitter pill to swallow when you're at a sporting event, or the recent New Years Eve celebrations and all my friends and family who were on the Telstra and Vodafone networks were communicating with ease. For having the seconds highest market share I wish there was more put in place to remedy this. NYE was especially frustrating as I was unable to communicate with anyone for up 2 hours and gave up. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors