Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet speed

Is anyone else experiencing extremely poor service from Optus with their internet? I signed up last month, speed wasn’t the best but recently it has gotten shocking. I can’t watch anything for longer then 25 seconds before it needs to buffer for 1 minute and 40 seconds (on average).

I rung the call centre and they said “ it’s because of the corona virus and get used to it. Everyone’s experiencing the same “
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Internet speed

I would say at any given time there would be many people with slow speeds. Given you haven't posted a postcode I can't check the service status page to see there is a problem in your area.

If you open the link below and click on outages entering your postcode should show you the local tower status. If you had slow speeds from day one it might be simply your location.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Internet speed

Hey @Jess2103

Thanks for reaching out; I am really sorry to hear you are having issues your streaming, watching a movie only to have it interrupted by buffering can be extremely annoying. Here are a few suggestions that might help. We've set up a page full of general information due to the COVID-19 impacts that has a whole lot of helpful tips and steps that might help you get back online. 

If you are still having trouble streaming after you have attempted this steps, you can reach out to us via Messaging Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 😀 

0 Kudos