Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
maplon
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet reception getting worse and worse

Since about Sept/Oct last year the internet reception at Murrays Run NSW 2325 has just been getting worse and worse. When I enquired a couple of months ago I was told the network had undergone a repair somewhere however the reception has only got more worse. I purchased an external aerial (as suggested) and still no improvement. Trying to watch the Olympics and I haven't been able to get through one single event without signal dropping out. At the moment I'm on the 4th or 5th time when signal has been completely lost for up to 10 minutes. It's just getting woeful and I'm currently sitting in front of a blank screen. It used to be so good. What's going on Optus.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Internet reception getting worse and worse

Hi there @maplon, it's not good to see you're experiencing this issue with your internet connection. Have you had a chance to check our Network Status page to see if any issues have been reported in your area? 

I also recommend running through the steps in our Internet Troubleshooting guide to see if that improves your connection. 

If you continue to experience any issues with your service, please send us a message via the My Optus App or our Messaging page so we can take a closer look at your individual connection. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
maplon
New Contributor
New Contributor

I checked the network connection which wouldn't connect before and found there is work in my area till the 8 August, which unfortunately is a bloody long time. Pity there was no notification. So I guess I'm stuck with crap reception for another two weeks. Not happy to be paying for something that doesn't actually work.
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

I see what you mean @maplon. It sounds like some maintenance is ongoing in your area. Whilst maintenance is ongoing you may continue to experience some service interruptions, however our techs will aim to keep these to a minimum.

As for the billing side of things, I recommend following one of the links in my previous message to send us a message. We'll then be able to confirm your account details and follow up on this for you.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
maplon
New Contributor
New Contributor

I checked the network connection which wouldn't connect before and found there is work in my area till the 8 August, which unfortunately is a bloody long time. Pity there was no notification. So I guess I'm stuck with crap reception for another two weeks. Not happy to be paying for something that doesn't actually work.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors