Searching...

Internal home network setup

Dave-and-Beeza

I have mobile broadband with the Netgear AC800S WiFi modem. 

I would like some setup instructions to configure the modem so that I can use my wifi printer and chromecast tv dongle from my mobile and laptop over wifi WITHOUT the printer or chromecast being able to access the outside internet.

The AC800S seems able to have a secondary network. 

Re: Internal home network setup

GuyCS

Hey @Dave-and-Beeza - I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're trying to do. Do you mean that you want your printer and chromecast to operate over LAN (Local Area Network) only?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Dave-and-Beeza

You are correct.

Printer and Chromecast only work on internal LAN with no outside WAN access.

Phone and Laptop can access the outside world and the printer or Chromecast at the same time.

I don't think its possible with the AC800S configuration. If it is not, then a link to a step-by-step guide to configure a secondary network would be useful.

Hope I haven't confused you more.

Thanks

GuyCS

Thanks for clarifying @Dave-and-Beeza

As far as I'm aware, this wouldn't be possible over WiFi, only Ethernet. On top of this, only certain models of Chromecast support Ethernet. From memory I think it's Chromecast Ultra. 

If you'd like to access the AC800S's configuration settings, the Web UI IP Address is 192.168.1.1 and the default password is password

I'm not entirely sure how you'd go about setting up a secondary network for the AC800S, however. You may need to reach out to Netgear's Support team to confirm if this is possible. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
22 Kudos
19 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos