Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ammratan89
New Contributor
New Contributor

Incorrect usage wireless boardband data

I'm using the optus 500 gb home wireless boardband plan,   My plan was renewed 5 days ago (500gb) and this morning when i checked my usage i already used up 200 gb !!! I'm home alone most of the time, my husband goes to work from early morning and come home around 7 pm everyday , i don't watch online movies/ i don't listen to online music... i usually just browsing stuffs online , and do social media . I reported the problem to optus this morning and they raised the issue to the IT team, told me that it will take 3 days to investigate the problem. Today all i day I just used my 4g , my husband wasnt home. And when i checked my data usage , it drain up to 250 gb ! Another 50 gb has gone without anyone using home wifi ?  Anyone ever have the same problem before ? this is a total rip off, on their app it said on wednesday i used 90 gb of internet ??? I mean how can anyone use 90 gb internet in one day ?! 

4 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Incorrect usage wireless boardband data

It sounds like a reporting error with the data usage as 200GB on the morning of your data usage rollover would be impossible I would say. I think I would be changing the WiFi password as a precaution until you know more.

Edit: Sorry 200GB in 5 days would be possible and changing that password would be a good idea.

5GEE
New Contributor
New Contributor

It happened to me similar thing with a reseller of phone service and I had to pay the excesss

0 Kudos
SteveHerms
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm also experiencing the same problem, 250gb overall shared between various devices. After getting suspicious I checked how much data was used when I set up a hotspot for one Netflix film on a mid size screen on an older laptop and it clocked up 3.5g. We run very close to our monthly balance and it requires a lot of management to avoid the excessive $10 per gb autocharge. I need some resolution or I'll be moving 5 sims. VERY disappointing Optus, obviously something is up as there are many similar complaints. 

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors